Mahallat city is one of the important regions of the country in the industry of building stone. Many quarries and factories are active in this city. It produces 6% of Iran travertine stones. Quarries and factories of Nikfar Group is one of the owners of quarries and technologies of natural and building stones that it exports to other countries. This Group is established in 1953 by late Mostafa Nikfar. Concurrent with the evolution of the stone industry, it began activities as contractor of Fabka Company in Sinva Chalous Mine managed by late engineer Khoei. It continued its mining activities in Gazanbar Khorheh Quarry, Abbasabad Travertine Quarry, Gavshan Quarry of Sanandaj in Kurdistan province, and Koloukh Meymeh Quarry in Esfahan province.
After the Islamic Revolution, activities in other quarries including Dareh Bokhari Quarry of Mahallat, Marble Chini Gorveh Quarry of Hamedan (sales department), Marble Chini Laybid Quarry of Esfahan, Sanghe Chini Godar-Sorkh Quarry of Golpayegan, Jajarmi Quarry of Golpayegan, Marble Chini Quarry of Aligoudarz, Marble Chini Quarry of Nagadeh in Kurdistan, Tajareh Quarry and HajiAbad Quarry are among the achievements of the Group in this field.
Simultaneously with significant activity in mining, Nikfar Group began its activities in the field of stone processing by establishing, in 1994, Boreshkouh factory with an annual production capacity of 220,000 m2 of tiles using state-of-the-art machinery. Then in 1996, in order to develop its activities and the quality of its products, it established Nixan factory with annual production capacity of 270,000 m2 of slabs equipped with modern Italian production lines, which competes easily with processed stones inside and outside the country. Currently, 400 employees directly and 1,200 employees indirectly are working in this Group. This has been a reason for pioneering role of the Group in stone industry. It is the best exporter over a period of 8 years since 2005 to date and typical manufacturer between 2005 and 2006 in the province.
Nikfar Group offers the best quality products in the light of its 9 different travertine quarries all over Iran as follows:
1. HajiAbad Cream Travertine Quarry with an annual production capacity of 150,000 tons
2. Kapiol cream Travertine quarry with an annual production capacity of 140,000 tons
3. Tajareh brown Travertine quarry with an annual production capacity of 130,000 tons
4. Tajargan beige Travertine quarry with an annual production capacity of 90,000 tons
5. Gazanbar golden black Travertine quarry with an annual production capacity of 80,000 tons
6. Yavar stone cream Travertine quarry with an annual production capacity of 60,000 tons
7. Maral cream Marble quarry with an annual production capacity of 60,000 tons
8. Niksang walnut Travertine quarry with an annual production capacity of 50,000 tons
9. Aghigh stone multi color Travertine quarry with an annual production capacity of 40,000 tons
10. Dehbid Quarry with an annual production capacity of 120,000 tons